Author Topic: Daiwa tatula CT  (Read 1435 times)

fishnkmp

Daiwa tatula CT
« on: October 02, 2016, 04:33:38 PM »
I had a chance to spool up the new baby in my arsenal. It has a new home on a Powell Max 683C which is as versatile a rod as I own. The new reel is a standard Ct 6.3-1 left hander. I spooled it up with some 14 pound copoly for backing and some 17 pound Halo. Man that reel sings. My main purpose for the combo is jigs and plastics around docks and wood.  That thing can really pitch nice. 

fishnkmp

Re: Daiwa tatula CT
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 03:45:23 PM »
Well I got the Tatula CT and my new Okuma RTX30. That thing is super light and smaller than I expected.   guess I will have to get some 8 pound Halo to put on it.

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 07:31:22 PM »
The 8lb HALO will preform great on that reel, just take care of the line with conditioner and don't fill up all the way.  Use a conditioner between your fingers as you spool up, and use cheap mono backing.  The handling of this hard body line is not simple, but I'll take a little trouble every now and then with handling, over trouble with strength.

Congrats on the new stuff!!
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

fishnkmp

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 11:10:07 PM »
Bryan have you had a Tatula CT in your hands yet?