Author Topic: Japanese Domestic Market Daiwa in route to me from Japan  (Read 1200 times)

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
Japanese Domestic Market Daiwa in route to me from Japan
« on: March 17, 2017, 12:02:35 AM »
No other reel competes with the JDM Daiwa for casting control and quality.  Sure, Shimano is smooth and lasts forever with awesome quality, Lew's is a great reel also, and Abu Garcia makes some quality stuff, but Daiwa........is my choice and I don't get even a sticker from them for saying that.  Japan Tackle is sending me another top quality Daiwa reel next week which is an all around BEAST for nearly every application.  I'll be getting a 8.1:1 for froggin' only before June 1st. This model has been one of the top three selling Daiwa reels in the Japanese market and if Jun and Kayo at Japan Tackle love it, then I know I will.  Shimano is getting their asses handed to them by the Daiwa Tatula line up.........and my buddies have all switched over to the Daiwas from Lew's and Shimano and without pressure.....they just borrow a reel of mine for a week or so, and the decision is easy.
By the time you read this, they will most likely be sold out. 

Your order #100004916
Placed on March 16, 2017 12:42:27 PM JST
Daiwa Tatula HLC 7.3R-TW, Right, promotion project PO17031531 $1.00 $1.00Shipping & Handling$0.00
Grand Total $1.00

VIEW REEL HERE.  http://japantackle.com/casting-reels/daiwa/low-profile-casting-reels/daiwa-tatulahlc.html
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 12:12:37 AM by Admin »
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

Kris

Re: Japanese Domestic Market Daiwa in route to me from Japan
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 05:29:47 AM »
Only one left is the right hand 8.1:1.  Looks like a stupendous reel for long casts.  Daiwa quality at a very nice price.  Of course, too many $ for my arsenal.
So much water, so many fish, so little time.

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 06:43:26 PM »
She is here!!!
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 08:08:30 PM »
The rod I'll be pairing up with this beauty is here.  http://www.kistlerrods.com/store/fishing-rods/helium-3-fishing-rods/heavy/helium-3-heavy-7-0-x-fast-fishing-rod.html#.WNHN4PnyvIU 

This rod is Tom's Custom Rods approved, and Tom does not approve much......Kistler is an awesome company with terrific quality and combined with the Gary Loomis technology which is in the majority of the Kistler rods (using Loomis blanks), this is going to be one of the nicest combo's I'll have ever owned.

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 10:52:32 PM »
This reel is ridiculously sweet......I tested it last Sat at Burke and Sun on the Potomac and for pitching light baits, I have never used anything like it. It's nothing like the 200HD (Tatula)...which is better served for bigger baits.  Just simply amazing..... 

petersarnold

• Bam!
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 08:35:48 PM »
Bryan,  How light?  Do you think it could replace a spinning reel for light tackle?  For example, 6 lb test smallie set-up for clear water?

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 10:13:53 AM »
Yes Peter.  This reel excelled at casting super light baits.  It would be great for smaller jerkbaits and smallmouth fishing.