Author Topic: PETER ARNOLD'S 1988 Ranger 390V PIMPING / RESTORATION PROJECT  (Read 3837 times)

petersarnold

• Bam!
Re: PETER ARNOLD'S 1988 Ranger 390V PIMPING / RESTORATION PROJECT
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2017, 02:07:15 PM »
Today was a long time coming from March 2017 to the 4th of July but the restoration is complete!  Her maiden voyage was today and she ran beautifully topping out at 54 MPH.  Capt Wardawg was following in Bryan's boat just in case, ;D !  Mr. and Mrs. Baybass in mine for a nice ride on the Potomac River.  I owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to Bryan "BayBass" Novotny.  He was with me every step of the way helping and mentoring me with this labor of love and my first bass boat. I even christened her with the first fish.  Unfortunately it was a dink but you never forget your first!  The dream continues...God bless America!

Tight lines,

Peter Arnold
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 02:09:23 PM by petersarnold »

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2017, 03:11:45 PM »
Peter, I was soooo happy to see everything go as planned, and it couldn't have happened to a better friend.  Everything we planned out went as it was supposed to.  It took 4 months of planning, ordering, installs, drop-offs, and research.  It was a great build and that boat is turning heads everywhere it goes. I'm beyond happy for you and Mrs. BayBass loved it also.  She's now a pro with my Ranger, and unfortunately she's going to watch me soon transfer over the title next week to a BayBass member we are all familiar with.  I'll be posting an article about the big news and such soon. 

Here below I'll add some added pics from July 4th to keep the memories alive.  Jeff from BayBass sponsor Eco Windows followed us all day in his cabin cruiser and we hit up Tims Rivershore for some drinks and innopriate behavior after Peter left!  Lol.

BTW, can I name your rig??

Options are
A. The Silver Slayer
B. The Lip Ripper
C. The Silver Hooker
D. The Silver Sparkler
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 07:02:37 PM by Admin »
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

petersarnold

• Bam!
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2017, 03:55:13 PM »
Bryan, You really went the extra mile in helping me achieve a life long dream.  Thank you brotha! I like your names but the first boat might go down as the Shebly-Elyse in honor of my two favorite ladies.

Tight Lines,

Peter Arnold

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2018, 05:37:59 PM »
Not sure if I listed it here beside the subject title, but just in case anyone was wondering or missed it, this boat, motor, and trailer was made in 1988!!!!!!!  Yup..... lol.   She’s georgeous. 
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 08:22:31 PM by Admin »
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.