Author Topic: Do the Daiwa baitcaster reels hold up ???  (Read 594 times)

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
Do the Daiwa baitcaster reels hold up ???
« on: November 16, 2017, 01:31:12 PM »
So....I’ve owned 15 Daiwa baitcasters dating back to 2014/2015 when I ordered the majority of my Exceler, Lexa, and later in 2016 the Tatulas.

I have managed to totally destroy 12 out of 15 of them (all but the Tatulas).  This INCLUDES the maintenance done by Daiwa headquarters in CA.  All 12 of the damaged reels now skip when reeling fast and they all “sing” during the cast. 

Of course I have fished these reels VERY hard, much harder than the average angler and according to the maintenance folks at Daiwa, they’ve hardly ever seen any reels “internally jacked up” ever in such a short period of time. 

They lasted a few years....so was it worth the $80 average price tag for an Exceler or a Lexa?  I’d say hell yea, for the money they can’t be beaten.  Will I try another brand?....yes I’m going to give the Lews Super Duty a chance.  Shimano is out of the question.  The Daiwa casting control (break system) is 100x better, quicker, and easier than the Shimano. 

If you wanna Skip with a baitcaster, I highly suggest to use a Daiwa.

I’ll keep y’all updated.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 01:39:26 AM by Admin »
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

CptWardog

Re: Do the Daiwa baitcaster reels hold up
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 09:32:45 AM »
I have 2 x Lexa reels that now skip when reeling hard... they lasted 2 years as well.   The one Tatula that I have hasn't missed a beat.   I really like the Diawa's and plan on purchasing more.  Probably will skip the Lexas and go up to the Tatulas.   

Anyone have opinions on the higher end Quantums?   

Brian

fishnkmp

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 03:19:18 AM »
Brian since you introduced me to the Daiwas I purchased 1 Exceler and replaced 7 other reels with Daiwas Tatulas Type Rs, and Tatula CTs. I love their castability and drags. Of course they have not been run hard like yours.  Anyway little by little I have changed most of my lineup over tot hem. I intend to change them all over  to them.  For the price they can not be beaten.

dmn276

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 12:54:19 PM »
I beat my reels up. I have a few excelors getting ready to take a swim very soon. Maybe the next time out. Ask Bryan how well my reels swim, when they under perform. Dennis
Keep Fishin !!