Author Topic: Boats for $7,000 / The Best Choice???  (Read 1454 times)

petersarnold

• Bam!
Re: Boats for $7,000 / The Best Choice???
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2018, 06:18:38 PM »
Congrats!  Looking forward to seeing the before and after pics!

apenland01

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2018, 11:38:56 AM »
First trip out last Saturday on Roosevelt Lake Arizona.  Unfortunately, got an alarm before I got out of the no-wake zone and decided to not go too far away from the ramp.  Motor ran great, but that alarm was persistent.  Loaded her up and went to the shop at the lake.  Bad oil sensor in the oil tank, so getting a new oil tank and should be ready to fish by next weekend.  Anyway, a full picture of the boat on the water since I bought it in early August.  It hasn't been on the water in over 2 years, but she did great for the short time she was out there.....

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2018, 06:54:18 AM »
She looks wonderful, and I'm really happy to see her taken care of so well.  When you are ready to sell her one day (if that EVER happens), PLEASE call me FIRST.  I want first dibs on her. Finding a 492 for sale in any type of condition is RARE.....so rare that I have not seen one in over a YEAR for sale publicly.
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2018, 10:02:28 AM »
Let me introduce you to my new “Blue Magic”.  Just got her 10/18.  Big article and details to follow. 1998 Ranger R93 with 175 Johnson Fast Strike with Lowrance electronics, 36V Minkota, and Sea Star hydraulic steering, 4 bank charger, and newly recovered bench seat in MINT condition.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 10:06:00 AM by Admin »
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

petersarnold

• Bam!
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2018, 10:14:09 PM »
Congratulations! A beautiful boat.  The universe is right again.  Ha ha.

fishnkmp

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2018, 08:42:51 PM »
That is one good looking rig. Are you going to set up a river boat as well?

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2018, 09:42:09 AM »
Not till I move out west.  I’ll have to eventually but for now I’m gonna be running glass

fishnkmp

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2018, 10:11:34 PM »
I thought you were settling out in the wva area.Where are you living now?

apenland01

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2018, 08:52:49 PM »
Beautiful boat you got there in "Blue".  Last I heard you left New Mexico headed back to the East coast.  It's going to get expensive if you move from the East coast to Southwest every year lol.....

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2018, 09:06:06 PM »
Haha.  I can’t say I’m all that excited to be back.  Awesome fishing out in the SW too but not as much work, but the cost of living is half and people are not as much douches like the many out here. ;)

Old “blue” is indeed magic and she’s been hammering them on her first few trips out here. I just need to get her a sound system.

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2018, 02:30:53 PM »
Under $10k boats BEST LIST..... hands down the BEST buy on the used bass boat market.

Best 18’ used Ranger - 3 and 4 series with FastStrike or Merc carb or Xri

Best 19’ used Ranger - 390 series and 4 series with Merc or Johnson

Best 20’ used Ranger 395 and 4 series with Merc or Johnson
(The 395 will have a deck cushion on both sides or single.  Remove and re-deck with aluminum sheet or marine grade plywood/pressure treated before recarpeting)