Author Topic: The largest bass barge in the world  (Read 1226 times)

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
The largest bass barge in the world
« on: December 07, 2015, 08:42:54 PM »
Capable of running from the Upper Chesapeake Bay to the Gulf of Mexico in just 6 hours on 8 tanks of gasoline, this Ranger can also serve as a runway for small aircraft.  It can be easily converted into a military gun boat with an options package. 

Just kidding, but seriously.....this thing is massive and at nearly 23 feet long with a 300hp, this may just be the ultimate in rough water bass fishing.  The guys up on Erie and other northern lakes are drooling over this thing.  Look at the specs....lol.  I bet pricing is up there but worth every penny.  One day...One day....

http://www.rangerboats.com/models.cfm?gid=5&mid=7359 
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

fishnkmp

Re: The largest bass barge in the world
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 10:46:12 PM »
I remember right after Viper boats (John Stories re-entry into bass boats after selling Champion 5 years earlier)began turning out boats, Champion had a 22 footer with twin 150's on the cover of Bass and Walleye Boats magazine.  I just drooled over it.  Fortunately Linda and I toured both of those factories.  I bet you are right about the guys in the great lakes x
scarfing them up!

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 06:28:16 AM »
Yea man, I remember those too.  This thing is a BARGE.......I love it, but for dock fishing and shallow water tidal creek fishing it's too big obviously, but on big water......nothing will beat it.  ;)
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 09:03:37 PM »
I just happened to stumble upon the press release! 

http://www.rangerboats.com/article.cfm?storyid=259