Author Topic: Winn Grips Overwrap  (Read 2657 times)

shawnmockjr

Winn Grips Overwrap
« on: January 08, 2016, 08:01:38 AM »
I should receive my winn grips overwrap today. I will post pictures sometime this weekend once i finish installing on one rod. After hearing great reviews about this, i decided i would give the overwrap a try before sending off my rods to get the grips changed.

shawnmockjr

Re: Winn Grips Overwrap
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 03:40:01 PM »
Wow this was alot easier than i thought it would be and looks 10 times better! Here are the before and after pics.

shawnmockjr

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 03:42:08 PM »

shawnmockjr

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 03:43:00 PM »

petersarnold

• Bam!
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 10:12:14 AM »
Nice!  Looks way better.  Let us know about function and durability after a couple months of hard fishing!

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 07:04:02 PM »
Nice job!!   Keep us updated.
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

fishnkmp

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 07:49:01 PM »
That looks great!!!  I am feeling like a kid waiting to go in a candy store right now!  I dropped off two rods to Tom, of Tom's Custom Rods.  One is there for a minor repair to its handle. The other is " MY Baby"  It is an IMX 6 foot light spinning rod.
Tom is going to perform his magic on it.  He is removing the entire cork handle and its plastic reel seat that always comes loose.
In its place will be a nice new American Tackle Aero Comfort finish reel seet.  I was going to simply go with a standard split cork grip setup.  Instead, Tom showed me a rod he had in progress using a split Winn Grip in the natural color with all of the detailing in it.  If you go to their website you will see four rods in one picture. The left one is a spinning rod with that natural color, the others are green,black and blue.  Really unique grips.  Along with that we are trading out the Aero's hardware for a bright red aluminum nut and some other red accents. They should really pop next to the Loomis's dark grey/black blank.  I will post some pixs when I get her back.  I will also update the group after I get some fishing time on it. I use that rod a lot for throwing light plastics and Reaction Innovation Skinny Dippers.   Winns stuff looks so cool!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 08:26:53 PM by fishnkmp »

Toms Custom Rods

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 10:50:57 PM »
That looks awesome. Please keep us posted on how it holds up.  If it does as well as the Winn grips you will be very pleased.

Tom
TOMSCUSTOMRODS.COM

Toms Custom Rods

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 10:53:56 PM »
That looks awesome. Please keep us posted on how it holds up.  If it does as well as the Winn grips you will be very pleased.

Tom

Bob. The reel seat is due in tomorrow. Grips are hear with the front one already on. Going to be a sweet Rod.
TOMSCUSTOMRODS.COM