Author Topic: Bob's New split grip  (Read 1025 times)

Toms Custom Rods

Bob's New split grip
« on: February 02, 2016, 12:45:49 PM »
In my last post Bob (Fishnkmp) mentioned about a new project for me.  He was here at my shop and said I have another project for you.  He then handed me his jerk bait rod and before he could begin to tell me what he wanted done I said ,Gee this rear grip is all wrong.  At that Bob said that is exactly why I brought it to you.

When you had the rod in your hand the rear was so far back that it was all but impossible to work that bait properly.  So I shortened it up to the right spot and in doing so removed the original cork butt grip and reamed it out to reuse it so that the cork would match the grip in front of it and look like it was made that way from the get go.

Yet to be fished but I think once he gets it all will be well !!

Tom

« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 02:31:59 PM by Toms Custom Rods »
TOMSCUSTOMRODS.COM

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
Re: Bob's New split grip
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 04:50:51 PM »
Tom's da bomb!!!   ;D
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

fishnkmp

Re: Bob's New split grip
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 05:43:07 PM »
Brian you are right, Tom is Da Bomb!!!  Let me tell you about this rod. I purchased it out in Tennessee to throw really light Rapalas and Smithwicks while on vacation at Center Hill Lake.  I love the rod's action but they built what needed to be a 6'or even a 6'2 and sold it as a 6'6" with a rear handle that was so long it could bruise your funny bone in a days fishing.   Thanks again Tom.