Author Topic: Just want to show off my new TCR spinning rod  (Read 1842 times)

Kris

Just want to show off my new TCR spinning rod
« on: March 22, 2016, 05:35:54 PM »
I am so excited and want to get out and use it now.  It's a 6' 10" High Modulus blank with a fast tip, Microwave Guide Set, Comfort Grip and a little bit of bling.  It's for 1/4 - 3/8 weight and will probably be used for dropshotting and some other techniques.  Tom added my Vietnam Unit patch and our Name for me.  It looks GREAT!  I have got to get one of these boats ready to go play!

So much water, so many fish, so little time.

oubassman

Re: Just want to show off my new TCR spinning rod
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 07:20:41 PM »
looks good!

Kris

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 09:12:59 PM »
For those don't know about Microwave Guide Sets.  Originally designed by Doug Hannon, The Bass Professor.  They come in a set depending on rod length.  The first guide, the one with the small eye in the middle, straightens out the whipping line quicker and helps it get through the other guides straighter increasing distance.  I got to get this thing out and get some casts in to see how it does.  Reel is a Daiwa Exceler 3000.

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 10:03:25 PM »
daaaaaaaaamn......that's really nice!   :o :o :o

Those MicroWave are really nice.  Are those the titanium ones?
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

Kris

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 05:41:27 AM »
I am not sure if they are Titanium or Unobtainium.  I'll have to check with Tom on that. 

Kris

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 05:33:21 PM »
I did get a chance to go to the Ag Center pond today and cast it.  It does cast well without a lot of muscle.  I did try to muscle it and the leader snapped off the braid on this reel I bought used.  I think it might even improve the casting by going to a straight line with no knot and maybe not braid.  I might try some of this Vicious Premium Mono that I have down in the garage just to see.  I am totally happy with this TCR rod and its performance.

Toms Custom Rods

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 08:04:42 PM »
Happy that you like your new rod Kris.  The microwaves cast braid very well, with or without a floro leader.  The guides are a number five which is quite sufficient to pass a knot through. 
I usually tell folks you don't have to muscle the cast with those guides, the line just flies though them.

Bryan they aren't titanium but because the running guides are micro's it feels as light as if they were.

Tom
TOMSCUSTOMRODS.COM

Kris

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2016, 05:53:56 AM »
Thanks Tom.  I need to bring you another retie, no rush.  Been working part-time and family responsibilities have been crazy lately.  Hope to get this up to you soon.