Author Topic: Bryan's new Loomis Tom's Custom  (Read 944 times)

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
Bryan's new Loomis Tom's Custom
« on: March 27, 2016, 04:53:53 PM »
I got a 6'6 G-Loomis GL2 rod from Joe Cambell a few months back.  I sent it to Tom and Tom stripped it down taking the old blue paint off, which lightened the blank incredibly well and brought out a graphite scrim finish.

Then Tom installed the WINN grip and added the Superlight  PAC Bay guides and the wraps.  This rod is over 25 years old and looks brand new.....simply amazing work Tom. Thanks!  A big thank you goes out to Joey also!

I'll post some pics when I can figure out how to shrink the darn pics.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 07:51:16 AM by Admin »
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

Toms Custom Rods

Re: Bryan's new Loomis Tom's Custom
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 09:03:18 AM »
It was my pleasure to bring life back to a great old rod blank using components that weren't even thought of back when that rod was made. Enjoy you new rod.

Tom
TOMSCUSTOMRODS.COM

Kris

Re: Bryan's new Loomis Tom's Custom
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 02:52:30 PM »
Another TCR rod for Bryan, way to go.  Everything that I have seen done by TCR is really great.  I own one re-wrap and on TCR and I am tickled to have both.  Have fun with this one Bryan, I know you will.
So much water, so many fish, so little time.