Author Topic: BayBass brings home a new store bought rod  (Read 1013 times)

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
BayBass brings home a new store bought rod
« on: June 05, 2016, 07:29:32 PM »
My 6 foot 8 inch medium light action Browning Super Light rod was broke buy a large carp at a local lake while trying to land it from shore a few months back, and today it was returned at Bass Pro Shops and exchanged plus some additional cash for a St. Croix Avid X. 

I took a look at many other rods there and the Abu Garcia Veritas 2.0, the Lews ones with the white handle, and the St. Croix Mojo, where the only three rods that I had narrowed it down to.  All of them failed the spine testing except for the St. Croix Avid. 

I definately called Tom, and ran them all by him.  We both leaned heavy toward the Avid X.  He said I made a wonderful choice in that the (I'll quote Tom) "Avid blanks are some of the best rod blanks ever made".  I now have 3.  ;)

« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 12:38:02 AM by Admin »
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
Re: BayBass brings home a new store bought rod
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 08:06:42 PM »
Sorry for loading these big pics on here.  I just realized I had my camera settings on 12MP's..... 

Smaller pics from now on  ::) :-\
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.