Author Topic: ANOTHER TOM'S ROD  (Read 1780 times)

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
ANOTHER TOM'S ROD
« on: July 23, 2016, 05:20:59 PM »
I just got back from Tom's and we had a great time there talkin' about rods and fishin stuff.  I got 8 rods back, 6 of them mine including a brand new MHX-HM spinning rod.  This is their Ferrari of blanks, and they truely are super strong and lighter than most but not as light as IMX or GLX or the North Fork Composites blanks sold to other brands such as Kistler.

*These guides are the Microwave Titanium
*Grips are Winn
*Reel Seat is American Tackle Aero with the comfort grip finish and is top of the line in weight and comfort. 

If you want it made, and made correctly, contact Tom at tom@tomscustomrods.com.

If you don't know jack about rod building and blanks and parts, it's NO problem.  Tom is a matchmaker for blanks and your needs.  He's built hundreds and hundreds of rods using every possible blank and componet available.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 05:42:39 PM by Admin »
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

fishnkmp

Re: ANOTHER TOM'S ROD
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 06:08:20 PM »
Tom congrats on another masterpiece!  Seems I have seen that seat and grips somewhere before LOL
I know I love mine.

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 07:12:17 PM »
Thanks Bob.....Tom has the other one there also, almost done.  Loomis blank 6'6" with the same guides and reel seat, except this one has EVA grips.
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

Kris

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 05:10:04 AM »
Man, that rod look familiar also.  I am sure you will love it.
So much water, so many fish, so little time.

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 06:32:57 AM »
Thanks Kris.  It's now paired with an Okuma RTX30S, with 8lb CXX hi-vis.  This is a great shakeyhead blank with a ton of power. Also great for sliding weighted sencos through grass.

fishnkmp

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 08:55:42 PM »
How close to the 6'8"MXF  St Croix Avid X rod is the action?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 08:57:47 PM by fishnkmp »

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 09:07:05 PM »
The MHX High Mod is MUCH stiffer and more tip heavy.  This is the more MH action one.  It's no joke, i could put 30lb braid and a 4" sassy shad on this rod with a larger 4000 size reel, and i could go to town on the stripers, which i will. 

This rod is going to be perfect for heavier 1/2oz to 3/4oz shakeyheads, and smaller 1/4oz Bitsy Bug jigs. 

For sliding sencos through grass, this thing is perfect...its got the backbone for sure.  Its a little on the stiff side for ned rigs, or weightless smaller sencos.  It would be great for fluke skipping and fishing also.

For someone who would rather use a spining rod for nearly everything, this right here is THE blank.  ;)