Author Topic: Hey Brian here is a rod question?  (Read 930 times)

fishnkmp

Hey Brian here is a rod question?
« on: July 28, 2016, 09:42:21 PM »
Hey Bryan or Tom I believe all of these rod belong to you Bryan. In the picture there is a grey rod with a blue reel seat and a set of blue "EVA" split grips. There is also a rod with a blue seat and black split grips. Who made the split grips? They both have a cool x pattern that runs thru it. Were they eva or what? I am considering using one of them on a custom spinning rod.  By the way how have they held up?
3483.jpg

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
Re: Hey Brian here is a rod question?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 01:52:55 PM »
So that is the "X Wrap" overlay, available for purchase through Mud Hole.  It is heat shrink style rubber that comes in many colors.  Tom is great at putting them on overtop of old beat up cork, or cheap EVA.   

These are also cheaper than WINN
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
Re: Hey Brian here is a rod question?
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 12:18:13 PM »
Rods #2 and #4 above have the X wrap overlay.  The rest are WINN grips.....just to specify, this is from the top down..
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.