Author Topic: Shimano Answers back to Daiwa's Tatula Takeover with Da' Grappla' HEY LEFTIES!  (Read 1392 times)

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
This thing has GOT to be baaaad ass. 

6.6oz    ridiculously light weight.....try finding ANY other baitcaster this light in this price range.
7.2:1 gear ratio   flippin, pitchin' froggin', smaller swimbaits, spinnerbait/chatterbait.
130 yards of 12lb line   (not too shallow, not too deep, just perfect) 

for $142?   WT?  yup    http://japantackle.com/casting-reels/shimano/low-profile-casting-reels/reg0000201.html
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

fishnkmp

That thing looks mean!!!

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
I think im going to order one just to say i have one, cause i don't even use Shimano.
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

Toms Custom Rods

I have had my Tatula's for the whole summer now.  The cast pretty well which is why I bought them. However I am getting the feeling that the are sounding like the reason I left Daiwa 20 years ago.  The reels are noisy. When you cast it literally screams.  I haven't noticed too much in the gears on the retrieve yet.

The smoothest reel in my fleet has been my one and only Okuma.
TOMSCUSTOMRODS.COM

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
From my experience, the Shimano's will hold their smoothness longer, while the Daiwa's and Lew's will get noisy and grindy quicker.  I destroyed a brand new Lew's SS1S in just 11 months.  It was shot...  lol.  I've also made some Excelers squeal like a pig and need new gears in less than 1 yr (under warranty), and I've got one Laguna that literally exploded in my hand after I set on a swimbait Pickeral like a maniac. The way the Tatula 200HD is made, I doubt I'll have any issues.  That's one of my new favorites.  The entire Tatula series are great reels. 

They way I destroy reels is not normal though.  It's all about how much you fish and how you fish and the type of water you fish combined with the routine maintenance or lack there of.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 10:01:25 PM by Admin »