Author Topic: TOM WORKS WONDERS WITH A REBUILD  (Read 1478 times)

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
TOM WORKS WONDERS WITH A REBUILD
« on: August 09, 2016, 10:50:52 PM »
So I decided I no longer liked the shorter handle on my Batson RX7 CB70MH so I asked Tom to fix it by extending the handle and adding the split grip.  These are the before and after's.  Craaazy.  Tom is a beast. True craftsmanship right here.  This is also an example of WINN's original grip in green, and their new one.  Looks like I was better off waiting in the first place. lol
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 04:35:11 PM by Admin »
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
Re: TOM WORKS WONDERS WITH A REBUILD
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 03:33:36 PM »
To specify, Tom somehow extended the butt and then put some carbon fiber stuff over it.......just plain awesome.  The reel seat was never removed, just the handle was changed.
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

Kris

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 04:05:06 PM »
Tom does some great work!  Want him to do more for me but gotta wait until the boats are done.
So much water, so many fish, so little time.

fishnkmp

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 11:04:44 PM »
Tom uses MAGIC DUST with his magic wand. I used to have a wand full of magic dust, but my employer wanted to have me use it so often I ran out and the magic dust is now on backorder!!!!  He just does not understand why I have no more. Even so, I am still expected to make things magically happen. LOL  Anyone else feel this way?

Toms Custom Rods

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 09:24:25 PM »
Thanks guys.  What I did on Bryan's rod was removed the old green handle down to the rod blank. Then over sleeved it with a carbon fiber tube.  Bryan wanted the grip extended for better balance. So I surgically inserted the old Rod into the longer matching diameter carbon fiber tube". Then installed the NEW Winn grips.  Sounds easy but it not quite so, especially if you take into account the shear factors that h[size=78%]ave to be dealt with and degrees of flex[/size]

The carbon fiber pattern on the split is really bad ass looking!

Tom
TOMSCUSTOMRODS.COM

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 09:39:37 AM »
I think Tom outdid himself on this one!  lol.  Amazing