Author Topic: Another Spinning Reel Ordered  (Read 1129 times)

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
Another Spinning Reel Ordered
« on: August 15, 2016, 12:03:58 PM »
As you know, the Okuma RTX-30S is the spinning reel I depend on.  I just bought my 3rd off E-bay for $73 shipped brand new. 
There is NO other spinning reel in the world that weighs only 6.6oz and has a gear ratio this high.  For $73?  Yup.......
I have put these things through some abuse, and I've had ZERO issues.  Smooth as can be and the gear ratio is KEY.  Most anglers pay crucial attention to gear ratio.......UNLESSS it's a spinning reel.  Folks seem to pay no attention to gear ratios on spinning equipment.  Having a high ratio on a spinning reel is A MUST.  How else can you reel down quickly on a senco fish, or a texas rig fish under a dock and so forth.  Few folks deep crank or wing superlarge spinnerbaits with a spinning reel......therefore you've gotta have a high speed spinning reel, which is something new to the industry, as most are 5.2:1 or slower!! 

What is the gear ratio on your spinning reel?
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

Toms Custom Rods

Re: Another Spinning Reel Ordered
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 09:11:27 PM »
X 2. On that reel.  I have had two for several years with zero problems.
TOMSCUSTOMRODS.COM

Kyle46N

Re: Another Spinning Reel Ordered
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 09:23:03 PM »
Bought one after you mentioned it this past summer, and I love it.  Definitely light.  I also have Pflueger Supremes that are almost as light, but a little more smooth.  It's a trade off.  I like them both.