Author Topic: Abu Garcia Veritas rods  (Read 1600 times)

fishnkmp

Abu Garcia Veritas rods
« on: August 15, 2016, 09:15:27 PM »
I thought I would bring this to your attention they are on sale here. I have never purchased from them but here is the link. A Veritas for $60, is a good deal (it is tough to beat the deal that you and I got Bryan but hey this aint bad.   
http://www.manventureoutpost.com/products/Abu-Garcia-1324165-Veritas-Casting-Rod-7%273%22%2C-Medium%7B47%7DHeavy-036282615717.html

They have a bunch of different model for sale.

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
Re: Abu Garcia Veritas rods
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 10:08:40 PM »
That is a good deal, and that is an excellent pitchin' rod, or big spinnerbaits, or Carolina rigs, swim jigs, even light punchin it's a workhoarse.... too stiff for any treble hook baits.

Note that they do not say it's a Veritas 2.0.  The description says nothing about it, but that it is an upgraded version.  Unless they say it's the 2.0 version it could be the original which is fine, but they are slightly heavier and they had more guide issues, issues with blank curvature, and more.  Ask them to specify that these are indeed the upgraded 2.0 version, and are not factory "seconds".  I think the handle is the 2.0.

The Veritas is one of the best and top selling baitcasting rod lines of all time, and represents an excellent bang for your buck, as well as great customer service regarding warranty work/claims. 
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 10:14:07 PM by Admin »
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

fishnkmp

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 11:36:32 PM »
I think they are veritas 2 only because they say upgraded and 22 percent stronger while tip strength is 30 percent stronger. That sounds like version 2 

oubassman

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 08:20:03 AM »
I've used the 7'6" MH Veritas once since I bought it off Bryan and 2nd the recommendation for pitching and flipping.  I spent 3 hours or so 2 Saturdays ago punching pads and grass with 3/4 oz punch rig on it and it handled great.  Next trip with it will be using 1 oz in the heaviest pads at this lake

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 09:58:11 AM »
Just watch out with the shipping guys..,...some of these companies will charge you $28 shipping for this one rod.  They may pay around $16 or so depending on zone, and they profit the rest. 
My favorite Veritas of ALL time is the 7'M.  This rod can literally do it all if you had to. 
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

Toms Custom Rods

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 09:08:36 PM »
It truly is for the money a very good Rod.  I only had a few of the old series that ever broke, but nationally it must have been a big problem.  Other than the cheap Chinese guides they are hard to beat

Tom
TOMSCUSTOMRODS.COM