Author Topic: Here is a MINT South West Ranger  (Read 710 times)

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
Here is a MINT South West Ranger
« on: March 21, 2018, 10:56:34 PM »
This one is MINT guys.....crazy mint.....guess the year and price!  She’s 20’6” with a 225 Merc and ALL original.
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
Re: Here is a MINT South West Ranger
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 07:10:20 PM »
I know the seller.  I just offered 10K cash in hand, and he responded that he’d like to get more.....

This boat is NADA value around 13-14k but NADA doesn’t matter much due to the way it values some of the aftermarket equipment....or lack there of.  For example a 1997 model Lowrance global map 2000 GPS and sonar unit is not even worth $100 these days.   It’s sold for  $2000 back in 1997. 

The reason why I will will not offer a dollar more is because I’ll have to re-sonar that entire boat which will cost me $2500 for two units.  Then I will have to add two power poles to it for $3,000.  Then I will add Seastar hydraulic steering for $1000, and then a sound and video system for $2,000, yes pushbutton 10” TV and DVD player. ;)  And I always did want a microwave in the rod box.   Imagine heating  up your gloves and coffee before takeoff.

After pimping this boat out completely and having one of the baddest ass 1997 rangers to ever walk run plane on earth I will still not be able to sell this for over 15k.   This is why you have to be careful putting a lot of money into an older boat. For the same 15 to 17 grand or a few more k, I could buy a really nice rig an older z20 or z21 Ranger that already has the updated electronics and power poles....

This boat would be an amazing buy for 10,000 and it’s probably the cleanest ranger I’ve seen besides Peter’s which is the 88 or my old 94 Burgundy Beauty.  If you are a buddy of mine who would be interested in paying more for this boat let me know and I’m sure we can make it happen.  I just have too much to put into it that I’ll be upside down unless I get it for steal.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 12:36:28 PM by Admin »
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

fishnkmp

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 03:49:21 AM »
Yea but you would look stylin in it.

LargemouthAss

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 03:06:35 PM »
That microwave won't last long if there is any chop on the water...

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 02:06:16 PM »
4 days it was up....now it’s gone.