Author Topic: The reel that competes with the Exceler and the Lexa  (Read 369 times)

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
The reel that competes with the Exceler and the Lexa
« on: April 24, 2018, 10:52:58 PM »
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Lews_Speed_Spool_LFS_Series_Casting_Reels/descpage-LSFS.html

I may pick up 9 of them to replace my Excelers and Lexas as they have had enough.  I still have to give it to Daiwa for making a reel that will withstand my abuse for 2 years.
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
Re: The reel that competes with the Exceler and the Lexa
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 10:55:29 AM »
Greg Sanner at Lake Frederick Bait and Tackle has the lowest pricing I can find on these reels, as well as the lowest pricing the general public can find on Lucky Craft jerkbaits. 

.....give him a shout at the Bait Shop on Lake Frederick.  Try calling 540 771 4106 and tell him BayBass said so.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 01:11:02 PM by Admin »
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
Re: The reel that competes with the Exceler and the Lexa
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 06:15:46 PM »
I've heard some complaints mostly on line which mentioned the worm gear going bad and somehow sticking the line guide on the one side of the reel.  Anyone fished this reel??  I owned a SS1S and Dennis owned a SS1H which were the preceding models (one slower ratio and one high) which evolved to these.  I wore mine out in 1 year.  It got real "grindy" to the point I couldn't even feel my crank baits as well anymore.  However like some of my Excellers, it didn't break totally.  The Exceller is an excellent reel but it's not tough enough for my abuse.  In Abuse, we are talking number of casts, force of cast against spool bearings, number of spool engagements, number of hard fights, lack of oil, brackish water,  and more.  Mine lasted two years though which is pretty good for $75.  To repair them and maintain them will cost more than the reel is worth.  I need to find something in the $100 range that will last me at least 4 years. lol