Author Topic: Boats for $7,000 / The Best Choice???  (Read 1137 times)

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
Boats for $7,000 / The Best Choice???
« on: April 27, 2018, 09:18:20 AM »
This is a little post which is an addition to my massive article on “The Under $10k Bass Boat Buyers Guide” found here on the main site BayBass.com.  I specialize in buying and fixing up these older Rangers and the magic price right now is $7k.  Here I’ll keep a listing of pics of Rangers that can be yours for right around $7k.

The 3 Series Rangers are your #1 choice.  Buy the hulls made July1+1987 as they  are the hulls made with an all fiberglass transom.  The 390 series are the 19’3.5” hull which was my ol’ Burgundy Beauty.  The 395 IF you can find one, is the largest and most stable 3 series available.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 12:03:27 AM by Admin »
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
Re: Boats for $7,000 / The Best Choice???
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 09:32:24 AM »
R u not sure which model is which??? ..... see this master listing pictured below along with a few more diamonds.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 08:59:39 PM by Admin »
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 12:23:39 PM »
Peter Arnold and I found a 1988 Ranger 390 and transformed/restored the boat, motor and trailer.

http://www.baybass.com/forum/index.php?topic=1164.0
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 02:13:50 PM by Admin »

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 08:28:05 AM »
More current Craigslist Ranger 3 and 4 series around $7k
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 08:30:53 AM by Admin »

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 11:11:19 PM »
Here are a few more fellas! 

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 03:24:05 PM »
As you know I’m a big Ranger guy, but for $7k, Skeeter and Champion also have great options.  Transom, gellcoat, hull, motor compression and maintenance (current condition) and trailer are most important.  Carpet, electronics, and the bells and whistles can be added later. These two rigs are currently up for sale on Craigslist. They are also early 90’s.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 03:26:29 PM by Admin »

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2018, 02:25:12 PM »
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 02:27:00 PM by Admin »

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2018, 12:06:30 PM »
More Rangers right at $7k on Craigslist

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2018, 01:56:13 PM »
Got a bunch more right here!  All are current Craigslist boats out of TX, AR, AL, ....  the drive or flight...is worth it.  Fly out and drive it back with a U haul rental... 
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 02:03:50 PM by Admin »

apenland01

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2018, 10:24:38 AM »
Thanks for this post.  I hadn't considered looking long distance and flying out to pick one up, but I would certainly do it for the right boat.

apenland01

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2018, 09:09:46 PM »
Just drove 14 hours to pick up a used Ranger boat in Dallas TX.  Hope to have it all buttoned up in the morning and headed back to Tucson.  I'll post some pics once I have the boat and paperwork in hand....

apenland01

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2018, 10:21:18 PM »

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2018, 09:37:45 PM »
Now that’s what I’m talking about!!!!!!

Great choice and thank you soooo much for letting us know!

For those that have not read it yet, grab some popcorn and your favorite drink!

http://www.baybass.com/node/200

petersarnold

• Bam!
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2018, 07:21:36 AM »
NVA is a competitive and pricey market so take the $4-5K you will save and road trip it!

apenland01

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2018, 12:25:29 PM »
Well, I finally got the boat back from various shops and I hope to have it fishing next weekend.  I'll start a new thread next week with before and after pics and a list of stuff I had done to it to get it setup the way I wanted it.  And with any luck, a fish pic or two....