Author Topic: Lews Carbon Fire SK spinning reel $39.99!!  (Read 326 times)

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
Lews Carbon Fire SK spinning reel $39.99!!
« on: June 11, 2018, 09:23:49 AM »
I’m dead set on my Okuma RTX 25s or 30s as its the lightest and strongest spinning reel in its class with the LOWEST weight BUT if you need a cheaper price point try the LEWS Carbon Fire SK which is only available at Dick’s and Field & Stream (I  guess they’re not just a magazine anymore and now they have stores… Who would’ve known)

Dicks  has them for $49.99 and field and stream has them for $10 less..... this reel is small, compact, smooth and has a high gear ratio however I cannot find anywhere where there is a WEIGHT listed for this reel therefore I’m declaring piss poor marketing on behalf of Dick’s and F&S as well as Lew’s.  Too bad I didn’t have my digital scale in my pocket. I just left dicks sporting goods in Jacksonville FL after playing with the reel and I would say it’s a very good buy for 40 bucks.  Spool it with 4lb or 6lb P-Line cxx Moss Green or your favorite 10lb braid and you’ll be impressed. 

The high gear ratio is most important and very few anglers even pay attention to the gear ratios on there spinning reel’s which is a HUGE mistake especially when using soft plastics. Since very few anglers throw crank baits with spinning reel’s, using a low gear ratio spinning reel with a Senco, drop shot, or shakeyhead, is one of the biggest mistakes you could ever make and I could go into detail but not now...  get the 100 for bass fishing and 200 for crossover light tackle Striper and inshore.

https://m.fieldandstreamshop.com/p/lews-carbon-fire-sk-speed-spinning-reel-16lewucrbnfrsk100ree/16lewucrbnfrsk100ree
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 09:19:35 PM by Admin »
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.