Author Topic: I lost a friend today  (Read 430 times)

fishnkmp

I lost a friend today
« on: July 13, 2018, 11:04:08 PM »
Most times when i open up BayBass it is for fun. Tonight it is with a very sad heart. One of my best friends past away this week. You would probably know him as Kris. I knew him as Ed "Kris" Kriston.  He became a good friend over more than a decade. At one time he was sponsored by Gambler Boats and ran an Intimidator.  He also played mechanic for them at some tournaments.

I first got to know him through Amateur Radio. I got him back into fishing.  We both got involved with the Bass College, then here and later he became a moderator on Ultimate Bass.
Tonight the waters in MD are a little flatter and the air waves a bit quieter.  We spoke at least 3 or 4 times a week.  If you ever had conversations here with him please say a prayer for his wife and friends. We will miss him.  :'(

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
Re: I lost a friend today
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 12:39:17 AM »
Kris contributed quite a bit here and he was a great guy.  I’ll say a prayer for him family and I’m sorry for your loss Bob. 

I searched Kris in the top search box and found this http://www.baybass.com/forum/index.php?action=search2
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 12:44:46 AM by Admin »
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 04:11:46 PM »
Bob, if you have any pics of you guys together, post them below.  I’m sure he’s catching good ones upstairs already where the light is always bright.  :'(
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

fishnkmp

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 01:21:18 PM »
I have some pictures taken with us individually. You will notice some are from our trip with my catfish guide, Jamie Hughes. We were on her custom boat the"Catfish Queen" or as Ed always said the aircraft carrier. It is a 24 foot outboard jet powered aluminum masterpiece.

The last two were caught out on my boat. They were caught out by the islands.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 09:25:31 PM by fishnkmp »

petersarnold

• Bam!
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 06:10:09 PM »
RIP.  My condolences.