Author Topic: The Elites are here and so is a lot more.  (Read 302 times)

fishnkmp

The Elites are here and so is a lot more.
« on: July 26, 2018, 03:34:00 AM »

Wow! The BASS Elites are here in my back yard! That would be exciting except so too is the 15+ inches of rain we have endured( just this month) and all the monsoon the Susquehanna Valley in PA has received!
All the dams on the Susqy have their flood gates open. The amount of water and debris headed our way is mind boggling.  I have seen the pictures and it is too much to take in.
The launch they are using is flooded or at least partially flooded and what makes things worse is we have no tide changes expected for days because of the heavy winds coming from the south/southeast. The wind will not allow the tides to drag out some water.  It is like a bathtub with the water faucet running wide open. Eventually it will run over. We have some flooded roads already and more is expected.
It is so bad that BASS announced it was postponing the tourney until further notice tonight. They have been trying to prefish for the last few days and competition starts today(Thursday).  WOW is all I can say. Safety has to come first.
These are hurricane conditions, only we have had no official hurricane. What really worries me is this happened before Hurricane Agnes hit in 1972. It took more than a decade for the Susqy flats to recover. The grass beds were devastated back then. I hope we are not going to see that allover again.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 03:45:28 AM by fishnkmp »

fishnkmp