Author Topic: Lake Thoreau Report 10/20/18  (Read 130 times)

dmn276

Lake Thoreau Report 10/20/18
« on: October 21, 2018, 12:16:58 PM »
Howz it goin everyone myself and Kevin White fished Lake Thoreau in Reston yesterday from about 8 A.M. to 1 oclock. We fished it from the 12x8 barge with a 55 lb thrust minn kota that came with the new place. It actually is very comfortable and functions very well in the wind for most types of fishing.The skies were overcast the wind was calm to maybe 5 or 6 MPH max and the water temp was 62 to 63 degrees. Our water clarity was very clear about 3 feet.We started off at the point across from my place in the grass and that bite was tough.The following are the particulars of this trip.

Total fish caught: Approx 20 Largest Fish 3 lbs 9 oz
Productive baits : Pegged texas rig with a zoom watermelon speed craw, Lucky Craft Pointer 78 SP, Jackal Cherry 0 Footer , War eagle spinnerbait, and Strike King 1/2 oz red eye shad.

The fish  seem to have moved to some other points on the lake with gradual tapering drops close to deep water. We could not pick up any fish flipping docks or shore line brush etc. I feel wind was a big factor even though we had pretty good day, if there would have been more wind, of course the bite most likely would have been better. One note the spinnerbait fish as usual tended to be the larger fish..they were hitting the spinnerbait very hard. The fishing will  get better throughout the area in the coming weeks with the onset of much cooler air temps. Anyway that the up to date report on Reston. If your on the water Be Careful as water temps drop. Tightlines everyone....Dennis

Keep Fishin !!