Author Topic: BayBass new rig “Blue Magic” / the details here  (Read 159 times)

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
BayBass new rig “Blue Magic” / the details here
« on: November 01, 2018, 09:31:09 PM »
I picked up this rig in October of 2018, 14 months after selling the Burgundy Beauty, a 392V.  Blue Magic is a Ranger R93 with a 175hp Johnson Fast Strike and single axle Ranger trailer, all 1998 models.  She comes with a 36v Minkota and 2 somewhat older Lowrance units (one color with GPS).  She’s got hydraulic steering also.  This post will be all about her, with pictures, and any work being done on her will be included here.  I paid far under $10k for this one and she needs nothing.
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

fishnkmp

Re: BayBass new rig “Blue Magic” / the details here
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 07:44:57 AM »
Man she is beautiful and I bet it feels good to be behind the wheel of another one of Ranger's best hulls!  Welcome back to the area.

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 10:29:11 AM »
Thanks Bob.  This R series hull handles amazingly well, in fact I think it may handle BETTER than my last hull the 392.  I’ll also take it over a new z20, yes sorry to say that but it does.  I’ve driven the newer hulls, properly set up, and although they are very nice, there is nothing like this hull.  It slices through 1-2’ rollers like a hot knife through butter. Only issue is the front deck doesn’t fit rods.... anything longer than 6’6” is hitting the darn console, so I have to cut into both consoles.  I need to cut 14” long by 4” high oval shaped holes and place rubber liners around the edges to fit the tips/butts depending on which way I place them.  You can fit many more rods on deck by going butts towards consoles and you’ll have much more space around the trolling motor area.

Look at the keel on this hull.  It sits nice and low though, unlike Bullet, Bass Cat, Champion, and many others.  These other hulls sit “bow high” and get blown around a lot.  I like how these Ranger hulls bow sit so low to the water.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 02:41:04 PM by Admin »
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 01:24:59 PM »
Water pump impeller, fuel filter, spark plugs and lower unit oil all going to be done soon.  No winterizing for this boat.