Author Topic: Lake Thoreau Report 1/8/19  (Read 132 times)

dmn276

Lake Thoreau Report 1/8/19
« on: January 08, 2019, 05:36:51 PM »
Howz it goin every one today I fished for approx 5 hours on lake thoreau in Reston. The weather was real nice with very low winds and smooth water surface sometimes rippled. I have given the specifics below. The bite was tough even though the fish had actually moved a little shallower.

Air Temp...59 degrees
Wind........SW 3 to 5 mph
Skies........Overcast at first then it went sunny.
Water Temp....41..42
Water Clarity.......3 feet
Baits Used..........Drop Shot with a 4.5 inch robo worm black grape..3/8 oz spinnerbait...3/8 oz cincy fisher blade bait in chrome. 3 inch chartreuse grub on exposed owner 1/8 oz grub head...pointer 100 xd in MS Crack on 8 lb moss green cxx....pointer 78 xd in ghost minnow...and the Ned Rig using a black and blue 3 inch Z Man ned bait on a 1/10 head on 6 lb cxx loomis ultra light spinning rod.

Today as I stated was tough even though the fish had moved from the 10 to 15 foot zone into a shallower zone of about 7 to 9 feet they were not easy to catch. A quick note...small guppie sized baitfish were cruising in 1 foot of water on sun beaten banks. I made shallow presentations in certain areas with a 3 inch grub with no luck. My productive bait today was the Ned Rig in my opinion because of the lack of wind which allowed me to manipulate the bait for very long periods of time on the bottom keep it in the fishes face. It was a prime day for the Ned Rig. I fished the heck out of 2 different very effective jerk baits with no luck at all. I fished the Ned rig on 6 lb P-Line cxx in moss green on my loomis ultra light the bite was very very light you could not feel them pick it up at all the line just kinda moved a bit if you were not watching to bad . 1 other boat was on the lake today he had launched at the Reston mini ramp at the lake now they built for the dredging project from last year. I spoke to them when I was heading in..they had caught no fish. That is todays news on Lake Thoreau..it was a nice day fishing was tough..but I caught a few. My biggest fish was only 13 inches long. I had 3 over over 12 and 3 right at 11 inches. On the rig I was using though..it was fun. Be Safe on the water..and Tight Lines.......Dennis
Keep Fishin !!

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
Re: Lake Thoreau Report 1/8/19
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 09:05:32 PM »
Nice report.  Somewhere in that lake there is a MEGASCHOOL.  When you find them......it will be craazy.
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

dmn276

Re: Lake Thoreau Report 1/8/19
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 10:22:04 AM »
Hey man the hide and are very good at it. Their deep though I think. Even though I caught fish in 6 to about 9 feet yesterday. I think those big lake thoreau females are down deep ? cold air and wind are headed our way, as I am sure you know. I will keep posting as I fish. Stay in touch man. My number is the same.

D

Keep Fishin !!