Author Topic: Lake Frederick Winter BIG Bass  (Read 47 times)

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
Lake Frederick Winter BIG Bass
« on: January 10, 2019, 06:41:13 PM »
I was anchored 40 yards from Clyde when my wife and I arrived at Lake Frederick two weekends ago.  I pulled up and hit two 14/15” fish right off the bat.  Clyde had already been there for a few hrs and had caught a 5lb 9oz bass.  Within an hour he hooked up with this 7lb 2oz pig right in front of me.  I weighed the fish with him and snapped the first pic below. 

Last weekend on Sun, I went back with BayBass follower Zack with super high pressure and we stuck it out and fished the heck out of 1 particular deep water holding area which is a cove 100 yards long by 50 yards wide at the mouth.  We fished the area for 8 hours and got just ONE, but it was 5lb 9oz without another hole in its mouth. Zach caught the fish in just 5’ of water on a drop shot on a steep bank which dropped into 13’ just 15’ from the bank.  (Pic #2)
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

oubassman

Re: Lake Frederick Winter BIG Bass
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 12:29:28 AM »
Those are 2 nice bass! Might find myself back out there on Saturday the 26th. Next weekend will be smallies if water levels permit

dmn276

Re: Lake Frederick Winter BIG Bass
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 04:31:26 PM »
Its that technique..Dennis
Keep Fishin !!