Author Topic: Sleeter Lake largemouth  (Read 17 times)

oubassman

Sleeter Lake largemouth
« on: March 15, 2019, 11:00:21 PM »
I had Friday off so I decided to fish Sleeter Lake for the first time since it was opened for public fishing last year.  I got to the lake and launched the kayak about 1:30.

Two other fisherman launched just before me and headed south towards the dam and the opposite shore, so I headed north.  I was looking to find points or banks with steep banks and hopefully some wood cover.  Water temps were 50 at launch area and got up to 54 as I got up to area in sight of Rt 7.

I caught my first fish, about 12 inches off some wood that was on a break down to 8-9' of water.  That turned out to be the pattern, wood cover immediately adjacent to deeper water.  The 2nd fish was a nice almost 16" one that also hit a finesse jig and craw immediately. 

I ended up missing 2 other fish on the jig.  I did mark some fish on a point but couldn't get them to hit anything. Also threw dropshot, rattle trap, deep jerkbait, 1 oz spinnerbait and deep diving crank. Overall I like the lake so far and plenty of wood cover around. 

Will be hitting the river tomorrow for some smallmouth

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
Re: Sleeter Lake largemouth
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 07:24:52 PM »
Thanks for the report!  can I fit my ranger in there, is there a concrete boat ramp? For electric only?
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

oubassman

Re: Sleeter Lake largemouth
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 09:00:12 PM »
Unfortunately I you won't be able to fit your Ranger in there. There is no concrete ramp, actually no ramp.  The gravel area ends and you have a 10' drag/carry to water.  Then a step down to water level.

It's definitely a kayak, canoe, John boat or other small plastic boat lake