Author Topic: Lake Audubon Reston/Reston Lakes Overview (picture fest!)  (Read 16375 times)

quanjig

Re: Lake Audubon Reston/Reston Lakes Overview (picture fest!)
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2014, 05:17:52 PM »
Very cool! And very gross at the same time!!

dmn276

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2014, 05:31:29 PM »
I have a couple of rattling bird baits...
Keep Fishin !!

Hank

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2014, 08:54:34 PM »
I stopped off at Newport the other day just to pretend to fish for a while this summer.  I noticed a lot of bass fry in shallow areas in back of the building.  Also a lot of 6 inch bass or so,looking skinny and desperate for food.  This lake is hard for me to fish from shore, due to the size and number of rocks along the dam, but it looks like it needs a lot of small bass taken out in order to establish a healthy population.  Has anyone taken a boat out there much at all this year?   

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2014, 04:23:54 PM »
Anyone who lives in Reston and obtains a Reston Association decal can put their boat in the lake.  I have not been out on the lake in a boat in years.  There are many smaller stunted bass in the lake, but there are also some monsters in there 7-12lbs.  There is NO forage base in the lake, just like the other Reston lakes.  This is the main problem with these lakes.  The best thing to do would be to use a cast net in other local bodies of water, catch shad and transfer them in tanks into the Reston Lakes.  As far as the legality of this, who knows and who cares.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 04:28:09 PM by Admin »
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2014, 07:07:58 PM »
Marty Sparger gets inducted into the Reston Bass hall of fame here with this chunky old girl caught November 18th out of Lake Thoreau, on a 1/2oz jig fishing from shore with me.  I'd estimate the fish at just under 6lbs.  Nice job Marty!
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2014, 05:38:30 PM »
What a freakin slaughter this was for the middle of winter in Reston  http://www.baybass.com/node/171

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2015, 05:55:40 PM »
Main report here http://www.baybass.com/node/215 and more pictures below.  7lb 4oz hawg out of Lake Anne in Reston Va.  Monstrocity spinnerbait strikes again!!!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 10:13:53 PM by Admin »

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2015, 10:12:14 PM »
Here is a overview of the Lake Anne dredging project for the fall/winter of 2015  http://www.baybass.com/node/216

dullhooks

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2016, 04:02:24 PM »
I was able to fish Audubon off my boat as a guest (old Professor of mine live lakeside) about a dozen times last year.  Here was my best fish.
It was caught in the first week of August on a shakey head jig paired with a hula grub knock off.  We were sitting in 10' of water casting to the shore.  Fish hit it on the drop. 

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2016, 09:56:02 PM »
Piggy!

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2017, 10:31:48 PM »
2017 has been great thus far.  Kevin White has biggest at 5lb 13.5oz and I've got two 5lb + fish out of Newport and Anne, and two 4's and (4) 3lb+'s

The MONSTROCITY LURE has struck again on nearly ALL of these fish except one or two.  For those of you who've been tuning in for quite some time, you know exactly what bait this is and it's pictured in the bottom/last fish pic on this forum. This 1oz + ugly and nasty lookin' spinnerbait is responsible for more big bass, than ANY other bait I've ever thrown in my entire 36 years.  Tibor Farkas designed the bait for me many years ago and now the bait is being replicated by Brian May with Cincy Fisher Baits.  He can be reached at (513) 378 6685.  Pre-orders will be taken NOW, 3/16/17 and will run through the 15th of April.  They will be sold 3 for $25 shipped during pre-sale and they will go up in cost afterwards.  This is not your everyday spinnerbait.  I throw it on a 7' MHX-HM Heavy Action with 15lb CXX Moss Green, and a Daiwa Exceler or Lexa, or Tatula.  For long distance casting I go to the Tatula 200HD.  The 15lb CXX is PLENTY STRONG for this big ass spinnerbait and this line breaks at 29.5lb!!!   You will not catch many bass under 3lb on this bait. ;)  If you look at some of the other big fish pics from Reston and read the comments, you'll see this same exact bait from many years ago.  It finally broke in half  and the bait was send to Brian via USPS and he is "reverse engineering" the bait as I type!!  It will be exactly the same and it will only be available in ONE blade combination with three skirt colors. 
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 10:55:41 PM by Admin »

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2017, 11:41:51 PM »
4lb 0oz bass caught today in below freezing temps and 39 degree surface temps.  Reston Lake Newport.  Monstrocity spinnerbait strikes again!!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 10:14:37 PM by Admin »