Author Topic: ISO boat/yak/canoe  (Read 2061 times)

shawnmockjr

ISO boat/yak/canoe
« on: February 06, 2016, 04:41:48 PM »
ISO of cheap jon boat, yak, or canoe....

$500 or less. something suitable for fishing but doesnt need to have any fancy bells or whistles since I will only be using as a last resort to get out on the water. thanks guys.

fishnkmp

Re: ISO boat/yak/canoe
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 02:56:06 PM »
Shawn what water does it need to be capable of floating in? Are we talking small ponds,small streams, lakes or bigger water?  I have seen two guys using an inflatable pontoon fishing rig on some of the tidal rivers around here.  Just a thought.  Some can be set up with trolling motors, batteries, fishing rod and tackle storage etc.  Just a thought.  Check out Cabelas for some ideas.

shawnmockjr

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 07:58:39 PM »
Thanks for the info. I have been looking into those as well.

fishnkmp

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 04:42:08 PM »
Hey Shawn I did a little digging for you. First $500 is enough to buy some nice fishing kayaks new from Dicks Sporting goods.  Now next go to Craigslist Fredrick there are some nice deals on canoes there for under that price tag. Several including some extras.
Next go to Craigslist Richmond VA.  There are some nice deals on canoes and Kayaks.  In particular is a Tidewater 100 fishing kayak. The guy has a Pelican sit on top kayak less than 2 years old done some upgrades and only is asking $400. He is located in Chesterfield ( below Richmond).  These are just a few options I saw with just a little eyeballing around.  Check em out.  i saw a few others for as cheap as $300.00. Let me know what interests you.

oubassman

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 04:51:29 PM »
The great thing about kayaks is that used ones will often last you a number of more years as long as there isn't significant gashes/damage.  If you find the right one they you get a great deal on a boat that will give you plenty of more time on the water

fishnkmp

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 06:12:30 PM »
Several of those I mentioned were less than 2 years old and not used much. Also many of them came with extras like paddles and life vests.  Definitely some deals worth looking into.  Also a ten footer or so is easy for one person to move around.

Hank

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 10:31:13 PM »
Talking about inflatable possibilities :), has anyone used or seen the Sea Eagle inflatable fishing boats?  I am looking for something light and easily transported to use on the small lakes and ponds in this area, and they look good on paper.

shawnmockjr

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 08:02:44 AM »
Thanks for the info and intel. I am currently pursuing a couple different options.

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2016, 03:27:55 PM »
Those little two man boats in green color sold at Dick's are beast and they fit in the bed of a small pickup like my 4 door Toyota Tacoma.  $595 new or $300 used in good condition.  Look no further if you have a truck.  Just hook up a 12V deep cycle battery like the Optima, and buy a $200 12V Minkota, ad your golden!!!!!   Dennis and I kill these local lakes in his little green boat
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.