Author Topic: DOUBLE D's and BAYBASS  (Read 6042 times)

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
DOUBLE D's and BAYBASS
« on: June 28, 2016, 10:10:59 PM »
Yep, you read it right, and now you know who'll be manufacturing the BayBass Bug which went extinct with Big Lewers.   Look far up at the top of the page above P-line. That's the website.  This is not a new bait.  Just a new company to make it for me.

So, I've had to find a new manufacturer capable of making a quality bait and match my TOP colors.  Now we have to buy the molds (a second time for me) and they are not cheap.  We're not going to offer 30 different colors....that's ridiculous.  There are 6 main colors we'll be making and green pumpkin, watermelon, watermelon bling, and black/blue will be the top sellers just as before.  I'm almost ALWAYS using watermelon bling which I'll feature here shortly.

We'll be taking pre-orders at a special rate to afford the molds which are $268 inc. the shipping.  Dwayne's no newby to the lure making game.  His jigs are known all over the country, and he makes all sorts of other lures including some deadly looking soft plastics I haven't even fished yet.  He's totally slammed right now making 150 custom spinnerbaits for someone.

The pricing of the pre-order BayBass Bugs will be in bulk because the guys who fish them, don't need to mess with an 8 pack.  They want 50 packs or 100 packs, so I think we'll be starting out with a heavily discounted 50 pack, and we will NEVER again offer this pricing.  We simply need to cover the start up costs of the molds. 

I'll announce pricing in a few days, (around July 5th) and delivery date is expected to be August 15th.  If you don't fish the BayBass Bug, ask Tom Wewerka about them, or Dennis Nease, or Jeff Fine, or Shawn Mock.....they all know as they wack fish on them also.  This thing is 3.8" and bite size and freakin loaded with Garlic Scent AND salt.  Fish swallow it quickly, you have to be careful.  I'm dead serious. Stay tuned and give me a shout if you'd be interested...pricing will be super cheap, remember Big Lewers sold these all day for close to $5 per 8.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 08:13:13 PM by Admin »
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
Re: DOUBLE D's and BAYBASS
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 10:27:16 PM »
If you are new to this bait, simply type in BayBass Bug exactly as I typed into the search box on the main site.....you'll see tons of info and fish. ;)     Here ya go, three pages worth.

http://www.baybass.com/search/node/BayBass%20Bug
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 09:15:29 AM by Admin »
Fishing is not my hobby, and a bass boat is not a “toy”. Fishing is a way of life in which I can’t do without. I fish in Ranger Boats. If those close to you don’t support your way of life, remove them. Life is short and kayaks are shorter. God is good, so get to know him. Hillary smells like sulfer.

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 01:05:51 PM »
BAYBASS BUG PRE-SALE! 

The BayBass Bug is BACK, after going extinct.  I’ve found a new manufacturer and he’s an expert in this industry.  During pre-sale DOUBLE “D” Custom Lures and I will only offer bulk packs of (50) 3.8” BayBass Bugs in 6 different colors.  This pre-sale pricing ENDS JULY 31st.

RIGGING-

My rigging of this bait is very specific.  Most commonly utilized on the Upper Bay, Potomac, and NOVA lakes, is 3/16oz to 1oz pegged Tungsten with a 3/0 Gamakatsu EWG Superline.  You MUST use the SUPERLINE hook or you’ll have fish bending you out pitchin’ this thing in tight, especially with braid.  Your “nose puncture” can’t be too far down the baits head as it will barely hold a Tex-posed 3/0.  You want the bait to lay flat on your hook, and using too small of a hook on the bait can cause this shorter bait to spin while darting and gliding.  Using the 3/0 eliminates this.  You have to Tex-pose your hook.   You will catch a ton of fish on this bait punching pads and grasses but you can’t under rig this bait.  I’m using either 17lb/20lb fluoro or 65lb braid.   In the colder months in 2015 I rocked them sideways every week on the Potomac using this bait on a Cincy Fisher 1/16oz to 1/8oz Darter Head with finesse spinning tackle.  What makes it special?  The way the bait “glides” and darts.  The gliding is something it does on the fall between hops.  The bite size nature of the bait is fitting even in finesse presentations.  It’s just an overall fish catcher.

It’s short, tough, stumpy body also punches really well with up to 1oz Tungsten.   Scent and flavor are both utilized to the extreme, and after personally fishing over 500 of these baits in 2015, I can say that you’ve got to be a quick swing or they’ll choke this thing, even swallow it.  I’m not exaggerating.  You will also be forced to keep these baits in a mason jar…. in the garage…..inside a sealed storage box.

COLORS

Custom colors can be played with in late August, but for now we’ll be sticking to the simple six.  I would highly suggest you give my main colors a shot.  Sure all sorts of crazy color combinations can catch fish, but I find these to be MOST CONSISTENT which is the key.

Watermelon Bling code (BBWB)  ****My go to color, never mass produced until now****

Watermelon/Chart (BBWC) ***need to test production on this bi-color tail (UPDATE: We are good to go)

Watermelon (BBW)    #1 seller

Green Pumpkin (BBGP)   #2 seller

Black/Blue (BBBB)  #3 seller

BlueFlec (BBBF) 

June Bug (BBJB) Especially designed to match the old ones made by B.L. for B.S.   ;)  I got you man!

*all Watermelon and Green Pumpkin colors contain black flake

PRICING - Standard pricing starts July 31st, and will be kept at $4.99 per pack of 8.  Shipping will be quick, as he’s in VA.

PRESALE PRICING will be $24.99 for a 50 pack shipped.  (that's $3.99 per 8 pack bag shipped) Delivery will be mid to late August depending on colors and how many pre-orders we have.

PALPAL upperbaybassin@gmail.com   $24.99 (50ct) Limit two per customer during pre-sale.  Please make sure your correct shipping address is in your PayPal or otherwise note me the correct one along with color. 

Questions, email upperbaybassin@gmail.com or Contact Dwayne through the banner ad here on BayBass.com.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 08:17:47 PM by Admin »

dmn276

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 04:26:35 PM »
Yea Bryan get it goin I will most like ly go ahead with an order of 200 that will give me what  need in the right colors, I can fish them crazy then and not worry about runnin out for a while ..you know what colors I need . Anyone reading this this bait is awesome, its rate of fall is awesome using the most common bullet weight sizes, the fall is just really nice looking. I punched grass with this the other day with 1 oz tungsten and it drew attention with this method also, just as it did last year while punchin those weedlines at Fountainhead with you. Anyway that the best news Ive heard in a couple days. Ime stoked. !!! Dennis
Keep Fishin !!

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 09:39:18 PM »
Orders are filled in the order they are placed.  As of now orders are 5 folks deep at close to 400 baits.

dmn276

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 03:23:18 PM »
Well heres my order x 200 just now. Dennis Tight Lines folks
Keep Fishin !!

sewelljx

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 04:42:36 PM »
What happened to Big Lewers?

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2016, 05:05:56 PM »
He just shut everything down to my understanding, website down, no more Facebook.....  Got out of the industry i guess.  I wasn't able to fill orders of mine or others or get in touch with him for months, so i had to move on.  Too bad, I wish him well.  ... I gotta keep it movin'. 
 ;)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 05:45:51 PM by Admin »

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2016, 11:58:20 PM »
These three are the top sellers so far as usual....over 700 sold so far.

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 12:00:54 PM »
We are up to 1,000 baits now SOLD.   

fishnkmp

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2016, 01:39:42 PM »
Are the colors in the picture watermelon bling. green pumpkin, and watermelon?   Since I am off work money is tight.  However I did not want to totally miss the savings.  I was thinking of getting watermelon bling, the middle color in the picture and either blue flec or junebug.  That way I have the color spectrum covered.  In your experience is june bug or blue flec more effective?

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2016, 04:02:17 PM »
You are correct Bob...with the listing of those three.... the Watermellon Bling is my #1 color if I had to just use one it would be it.  Dipping the tails in a little bit of chartreuse dye can be extra deadly sometimes, especially if you are noticing more bluegill around your hole.   

As far as the colors, I would not say that Junebug is better than blue flec or the other way around.   I grew up with the 7" Blue Flec Power Wom, but yet I don't throw it much these days.  In deeper or darker colored water, I like these darker hues and I'm not sure it even matters all the time.  It's more about the presentation and size of the bait, in the deeper waters where the colors blend more. 

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2016, 10:23:32 PM »
The Watermellon Bling color will remain the same with literally "rainbow like flake colors".  It's a bunch of different flake thrown in including blue, green, yellow, copper,  and some......  Whatever is in it....it gets R done big time, and ive never used a color this deady in nearly any water condition
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 04:44:52 PM by Admin »

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2016, 06:44:05 PM »
1,450 now sold.....if you throw it, you know these numbers are not surprising

Admin

• "The Treble Maker"
  • Administrator
  • dare he is....NET
    • www.baybass.com
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2016, 01:46:48 PM »
1,600 sold. Watermellon Bling is taking 1st place, then the following...

Green Pumpkin
Black/Blue
Watermelon
All Black